5.10.09

Just when you thought I was an ungrateful little biznatch....

I have racked up numerous awards (aren't I fabulous!) on this blog over the past few months that I just keep putting off posting. Well no more! 


Here's how this is going to work....I am going to post each award that I have received, shower the person who gave it to me with compliments, and tell you about another blog that I absolutely love. Anyone I mention should feel free to accept and post the award on his or her own blog, or just smile, feel good about being loved and move on. 


Margarita, over at Ramblings of a Fab Burnette, gave me the MeMe award. For this award, the recipient has to share seven tidbits of information about his- or herself. But, before I start with the "me, me, me" I want to talk about "her, her, her." Margarita is a creative, independent, intelligent, confident woman. She is not afraid to follow her dreams; I admire that. Margarita is in the middle of a move to Vancouver and is plugging away on starting her own cupcakery. Stop by her blog and wish her luck!






Seven things you may or may not know about me:
  1. I used to have a belly button ring, but it was ripped out after being stuck to the netting of a catamaran while I was on a snorkeling trip in the Bahamas. I would have had to get rid of it by now anyway--I am too old to be rocking a bare midriff.

  2. I never, never, never-ever want to have children.

  3. I haven't dyed my hair since I was 15-years-old. I grew it out, long and natural, with the intentions of donating it to Locks for Love, but I became attached and never hacked it off. My hair has been flowing al naturale since.

  4. I always refer to myself as being a "shy person," but none of my friends seem to agree.

  5. Despite coming across as a cynic, I am a romantic deep down. Deep, deep, deeeep down.

  6. I am completely and totally addicted to my iPhone.

  7. When people discuss celebrity relationships as though they know the couple or otherwise have a vested interest, I want to choke them.
I am passing the MeMe award to Busty Satan. I started reading her blog just a couple months ago, and it has quickly become one of my favorites. Her posts are always insightful, and are generally short and to-the-point--perfect for a quick read. BS likes to laugh and drink tequila; I'm certain we would be friends in "real life" given the chance.



Travel & Dive Girl gave me the "Your Blog is Fabulous" award. Well, you know what? I think you're fabulous Travel & Dive Girl! When I'm having a tough day at work, I like to take a break and cruise on over to Journey & Adventure where I live vicariously through her. I can only dream of having the guts to scuba dive. (I tried getting certified and ended day 1 underwater with a panic attack and a resolution to spend the rest of the week on the beach...with beer.) Take a look at her amazing underwater photos. And, witness her unforgiving sense of humor. Seriously, check out her blog!






The recipient of this award is supposed to list 5 of his or her biggest obsessions. (And, pass the award to 5 other worthy bloggers, but I'm not doing that. Anyway!) 


I don't know how big they are, but here are five things I obsess over:
  1. Pockets--I can't stand pocket flaps that are folded, flipped or creased
  2. Cabinets--I will never walk past an open cabinet and not shut the door
  3. Discovering people's underlying motives--AKA paranoia
  4. Design projects, web, graphic, whatever
  5. Furniture placement--When I first moved in to my house and Jack refused to move the couches around the living room for the umpteenth time, I went and bought felt sliders so I could feed my obsession without his help. 
Another blog that I think is totally fabulous is Nicole Antoinette's blog, More is Better, because really it's true. More is better! More Nicole that is! I often laugh out loud when I read her posts--she is exactly as she describes, "Deliciously Vulgar." Not only is Nicole funny and charming, but she uses her popularity for good. Every month, Nicole gives a "shout out" to a fellow blogger she deems worthy. Also, she is compiling a collection of essays to publish in a book, Quarter Life Memoirs: Epic Essays by 20-Somethings. If you're a 20-something who has a knack for writing, please submit your work to be considered for publication! Details for submitting your essay are on Nicole's blog.



Nicole from My Teacups in Peony gave me the "My Blog is Awesome" award. Nicole is one of the sweetest, kindest, warmest people I have ever known. Nicole is not only a great writer, but also a fantastic photographer. One of her recent projects, "It's a love story," was so heart-warming that even I, a self-proclaimed cynic, couldn't help but feel touched by the love stories she posted. Nicole is also one of the many wonderful people responsible for the blog Diamond in the Rough, which gives "undiscovered gem-type blogs some publicity and get them the fame they deserve!" Nicole spreads love and positive energy across the internet--I love her for that!





Another blog that is awesome is Lora's Oh, the Urbanity! FACT. Lora and I have been friends for like a bazillion years, despite her aversion to bamboo earrings and "South-Philly tuxedos." Oh, the Urbanity! features funny-interesting-sad-entertaining pictures of the "real" Philadelphia, all taken on Lora's cell phone. Her stealth shots have made her famous (at least in the Urbanity circle) and she has acquired a cult following, me included. Her blog inspired me to create the Charm City version.


Dani from A Daily Dose of Dani gave me all of the awards below. Thanks Dani! Dani doesn't post to her blog too often, but when she does her posts are always well thought-out and succint. She and I hold similar views on the world, and I always enjoy reading her take on current events. Now don't get the wrong impression, Dani's writing is not always serious...she writes about dating, pretty things and fun times too. Dani is well-rounded and awesome like that!


 
 


The Lemonade Award is given to blogs that shine with positive energy (at least that's my interpretation :) I am passing this award to Magaly at Pagan Culture. On her blog, Magaly tackles such important issues as dating outside your faith, explaining your ideals to your family, social justice, sexuality...you know, life. Magaly is an excellent writer with a big heart and pure intentions. No matter what your religion, background, etc., I think everyone can find something to relate to in Magaly's words.


 


Hey Hannah at Taunt, I think "Your Blog is Fucking Fabulous!" What makes Hannah's blog so fabulous? Her posts drip with sarcasm (for me sarcasm is right up there with ice cream on list of of likes) and her writing perfectly reflects her mood--sometimes happy and ready to get funky, and sometimes angry, like when she quit smoking.





The Sexy Blogger Award goes to Mr. Condecending, my not-so-secret blogger crush. I have never actually seen a picture of Mr. C, but something about him turns me on. ;) Maybe it's the way he oozes confidence, or his smooth way with words, I'm not sure. I just know that Jack better watch out!





All though I appreciate being called the "Queen of Alll Things Awe-Summm," I know someone truly deserving of the crown--Chef Green of Sauce on the Side. Chef Green is truly and utterly fabulous. When he's not preparing delicious dishes or dealing with resturant drama, Chef Green is drinking fine wine and stealing kisses beneath the stars. His flare and style come through in every word he writes.


I also have an award to post at my other blog, but I just don't have it in me right now....

9 comments:

  1. i dont even know what to say! you are the sweetest person i know to write such a wonderful shout out, not only to me but to everyone. it was the best thing to wake up to and i will have a smile on my face just thinking about it all day! im so lucky to have found your blog through the millions out there you really have inspired me to be a better person!! ive really been lucky to share so many love stoires, im having so much fun with them! and yes, come spring time i will need your expertise on my garden!! i know nothing so you'll have to give me some tips ;) alright, enough of my novel im sure i could go on and on about how wonderful you are but ill stop! have a great day dear :) lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't hate the earrings!!!!

    But I do love awards, and you.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the forgetting / not having the time to post all these wonderful awards! I've actually been contemplating having an "awards week" to acknowledge them all, but I keep forgetting to set it up over the weekend and then I get swamped with real life! :o(

    Must do this ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oohh...i hate when cabinet doors are open. drives me insane.

    it's fun to learn new things about you! congrats on all the awards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much sweet thang!!

    Pssttt, I change my furniture placement at least two - three times a year. It like moving but not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh baby you just got me all excited!

    I shall take that award, but first I shall imagine smackin' that ass! Hah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats funny, i know people who are outgoing and call themself shy. i don't get it

    i'm shy

    i swear...lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brandie & Stalker - I am always surprised by how people who read this blog share my quirks ( or know someone who does like Amused) Nice to know I'm not the only weirdo! lol

    Mr. C - You know I like it like that! ;)

    CrazyCris - Don't feel so bad--those awards from Dani are from June!

    Lora & Nicole - you are the lights of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, MJ---Thanks girl! You are completely my favorite blog reader. I love your comments, be they witty or caring or (rarely) chastizing. LOL ...you complete me.

    ReplyDelete