13.5.09

Reversing a trend {week 2}

Each week I post a compliment to myself and a compliment to a friend. The goal of this project is to help myself and all the amazing women I know to embrace our inner-beauty.

I am motivated. My motivation is intrinsic--it comes from within. I am on a never-ending quest to better myself and my position in life. I set goals for myself, and I achieve them. Throughout high school I held two two jobs to save money for college. When I was in college, I decided that I wanted to work at the Smithsonian and nowhere else. Three unpaid internships later, I got the job offer. Now that I have the job, I realize that this is not the way I want to live my life, rushing around, working overtime and dealing with office politics. No. This is not for me. I want to be my own boss, and I will.

Natasha is passionate. Through her poetry, Natasha bares her soul with intricately woven words that are sometime delicate and other times harsh. She writes constantly and performs often, allowing life to be her muse. She doesn't hold back. Natasha encourages others to express themselves, supporting fellow writers and collaborating with other local wordsmiths.

Taking a break from grad school, Natasha is currently focusing all her energy on getting her name and art out into the world. She has already been published a couple of times, as well as invited to be a featured performer at a number of poetry/spoken word venues. I know more opportunities and good things are coming her way!

5 comments:

  1. Awwww wow, I may cry :) Thank you for such a lovely compliment! It's even sweeter coming from someone I think of as a friend and someone whose spirit I definitely admire.

    I love your goal of embracing inner-beauty and fully agree that when motivation is intrinsic, it will be sustainable and lead to greatness. There's nothing wrong with refining your dreams/goals based on life’s experiences - it's actually encouraged because we change as we mature. I will be posting this to FB to remind others of your message here which is, "if you want something, GO FOR IT!"

    Keep plotting your path and one day soon we will be toasting to you achieving all of your dreams! :)

    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This project is spreading! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your weekly compliment posts, MJ.

    By the way, I have an award for you on my blog... Thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that you do this. positivity isn't used enough (and i'm fully guilty of that, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some really nice posts. Good work spreading compliments about, there certainly isn't enough of them going around.

    And props for being so motivated, you sound like the kind of person who's to-do lists end up having more checks than empty boxes, and that's impressive.

    ReplyDelete