If you play along, let me know so I can come see how you answered.
1.Candy corn: Your thoughts?
The brown bottoms are superior to the white bottoms.
2. Briefly, what was the first conversation you ever had with your spouse? (or best friend, if you're not married.) (Or someone significant, like your librarian.)
When Jack and I first met, I was 16 years old and at a party at my boyfriend-at-that-time's house. The "dreaded ex" as we'll call him, was proving to me that you could sit in your chair all night and never have to get up. We spent the night shouting orders for fresh beers and entertainment from our chair. When we tried it with Jack, he was totally on to our bullshit and giving orders right back. From then on, whenever Jack and I saw each other there was a lot of ball breaking going on.
We have been dating for going on six years now, and we still joke and break balls just like we did back then.
3. Could you ever become a vegetarian?
I grew up "pescatarian," meaning the only "meat" I ate was seafood. I didn't enjoy a steak until I was 16 years old. I still rarely eat red meat, but when I do, I like it bloody!
4. Have you ever dressed up your pet in a costume?
No. No. NO! Though, in the interest of full disclosure, I have to admit that my cat Papi sports a rhinestone studded collar and my cat Pie (aka Puss Cat) rocks a red studded one.
5. Name something about childhood that you miss (like Clark Bars, Tea berry Gum, Malibu Barbie, cracking fake eggs on people's heads with your fist and "It's the Great Pumpkin" airing only once a year).
What I miss most about my childhood is being able to spend my entire weekend playing--splashing in puddles, riding bikes and tromping through the woods has given way to running errands, cleaning the house and other boring adult things. Sigh.
6. Have you ever won a trophy? If not, what do you deserve a trophy for?
Pimp of the Year bitches! I have the trophy to prove it.
7. When do you think is the appropriate time to begin playing Christmas music each year?
After Thanksgiving--I find it really annoying that stores in my city already have Christmas displays up, and it's not even Halloween yet. I'm not just saying this because I'm Jewish...
8. What is your favorite board game?
Does Yahtzee count as a board game? Probably not since there's no board.
9. How do you feel about surprises (receiving, not giving)?
Being pleasantly surprised is nice, but I hate when someone says, "I have a surprise for you," and won't tell me what it is. Jack gets me like that all the time, because he knows it drives me nuts.
10. Is it easy for you to say "I'm sorry?"
Yes, but only if I'm actually sorry. No insincere apologies. When I'm right, I'm right. I won't apologize for that.
11. What is your favorite candle scent?
12. October is traditionally "open house" time in public schools. If you had a literal open house in your home (like a reception) what light snacks would you serve visitors and what would you show them (as in art projects, graded papers) that would uniquely represent you?
I would serve Belgian beers, robust red wines and a sampling of my favorite fruits and cheeses. (I'm classy like that.) I would show the art I've collected during my travels--I only decorate my house in original art--and my rocks and gems collection. For music, I would play some deep, soulful house music--maybe my new(ish) Terry Thompson CD.